Friday 26 September 2014

Hampi, Badami, Pattadakal and Goa.............. Part II

Next destination was Badami. 
Reached Badami the same day by 8:00 pm. Next day we visited Caves of Badami. Rains started. Making us wait in those caves much longer than we anticipated. Giving us time to look at all the carvings in more details. 









Colors and textures of stones and acrobatic moves of monkeys entertained us as we were waiting for rains to halt for some time. 


Temple at Badami



Devotion and belief of devotees is something that always astonishes me.



Temple complex Pattadakal



This was the only place where without my knowledge and pressure from my parents to do so my hands actually joined in Namaskar posture. The silence, scale and light made me forget the chaos that was outside and calmed me down. I tried a lot to capture that light quality of the Garbhagriha but failed miserably. 


As the time was ticking, we had to skip Aihole to reach GOA in safe time of the day. On our way to Goa I spotted my first Hornbill. 



We planned to travel through Hubli and a forest area to reach Panjim, Goa. But we chose a wrong way in the google map. and reached close to Belgaum. This was the road which many people have suggested. But we wanted to see the forest. So took a U turn, reached Dharwad and traveled through the forest. Had lost a lot of time due to this change in route. reached forested area after the sunset. it was a dense forest. Fog crept down and covered the entire Ghat. Visibility was 10 m max. No one was there on the road. Very rarely some truck or NWKRT bus would come across. It started raining..... Journey became more thrilling...... Finally we reached Panjim at around 12:00 am


No comments:

Post a Comment